Geek.Kon Forums

Forums for geekkon.net
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:42 pm 
New to this world

Hi all,

I was thinking of establishing some kind of count for LAN games that could be played in the BYOC room. Last I went in 2012, Internet access was a little rough. Assuming that remains the case and hotel infrastructure has remained the same, LAN play is the most optimal experience. With fewer games supporting LAN features, I figured I'd offer a small (but no means comprehensive) list of LAN games still available and somewhat popular.

The hottest game for me has to be Rocket League. It has a kind of pseudo-LAN feature where we can create private servers and invite others via Friends List. I think these are player-hosted, sidestepping connectivity issues associated with conventional dedicated servers.

TF2 and pretty much any other Source game. (Dota 2?)

Warsow, but requires a client.

WC3, but requires a flash drive to set up all the custom maps and patches etc. Very few people have it on their machine anymore.

Halo 1? Lol

I understand there are some indie titles too that have a compelling multiplayer, but can't think of any specific ones off my head.

I think Rocket League in particular has a lot of LAN potential because of its competent bot support and suitability for any number of players. If you have any other ideas, please share.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:14 pm 
Kon Staff

XBox Live ID: xebus6666
The hotel has made many improvements to the network infrastructure. We were able to support a massive League of Legends tournament last year. The Lan room is moving this year to the Video Game room, other rooms they were in did not have the power available for all the computers. Currently there are only a few lan tournaments scheduled, but pick up tournaments is always something we can do.

Vice Chair 2017

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]