Geek.Kon Forums

Forums for geekkon.net
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Folks to Thank
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:37 pm 
You are 15 going on 16...

Sunday afternoon several folks (Berzerker, 1st Agent and at least one more) helped me sort out my way out of Madison and back home via I94/90. I tend to be an anxious city driver, especially when going alone and not in familiar territory. I want to let you all know the drive couldn't have gone better and to thank you for your help.

Also, thank you to John and Randy for handing me tea throughout the weekend!

((if anyone else wants to post "thank you"s to folks who helped them at Geek.Kon feel free to do so in this thread))

Post subject: Re: Folks to Thank
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:40 pm 
Established Geek.Kon Nut

A huge thank you to the staff (ie the guy who lent me his laptop for my panel). My panic was thusly eased and kept my panel from being FAIL.

didn't i my dear?

http://bluetie.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm 
Kon Staff

PSN ID: whiteharu37
1st Agent and Princess_Sarah_Em......THANK YOU for driving to Milwaukee on Sunday. I left before you got back, so I didn't get to say thanks in person.....something I regret. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

"Where in the Nine Hells did you ever get the notion I would fight fair?" --Drizzt Do'Urden (The Crystal Shard)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:54 pm 
Kon Staff

PSN ID: firstagentadam
Wow, I already got two. Better pay it forward. :D

I already said this on a different thread, but thanks to DemonicDerek for going beyond the call of his Bemani Assistant duties to make sure the guy who got sick during the DDR tournament was all right. Thanks to you, the contest continued as scheduled and he was taken care of. Thanks too to Chief for making sure the garbage bin involved was promptly out of the room.

Thanks to berzerkerprime and the entire masquerade team for running the event as smoothly as possible and helping this newbie handle the responsibilities of MC. And big, big thanks to the judges for finalizing some very hard decisions before we ran out of material to screen during the interim. :)

Thanks to balnibarbi, Nick Izumi, the Haruhi dancers, cbeley and that Hetalia duo for submitting Geek Show entries. We literally did not have a show without you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 pm 
Kon Staff

Thanks to all the panelists who hosted a set of panels that have received rave reviews! You guys are awesome!

Also, big huge thanks to the Masquerade staff and participants, especially those who came to both the orientation and the post-mortem. And also an even bigger, huge thanks to all the participants who stuck it out through some tough technical difficulties. You all have some serious class and it is a joy to work with you all.

Co-Head of Costuming - 2014
Ask me about Costume Con in Madison!!!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]