Geek.Kon Forums

Forums for geekkon.net
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 am 
WOOWHOO!! If Only This Were My Age

The Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers each got the victory they needed, and the Steelers squeaking by in Indianapolis., the Packers with Brett Hundley stepping up in the absence of Aaron Rodgers

once for a touchdown on a Rodgers-esque pass and another time on a third-down conversion pass that Adams hauled in with one arm. The 23-16 win moved the Packers to 5-4 and marked their first win since Rodgers broke his collarbone Oct. 15. If the team is to have any hope of getting him back at the end of the season,Hundley twice hit Davante Adams, it needs to be in playoff contention., who left on a stretcher the last time the Packers played the Chicago Bears

has a hamstring injury. For the Bears,The Packers managed to win on a chilly, rainy day in Soldier Field despite being without Rodgers and losing running backs Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery to injuries. The team later announced that Hundley, Mitch Trubisky passed for 297 yards and a touchdown., who finished with 212 yards passing on 18 completions in 25 attempts

the Colts’ quarterback woes continue,It took 11 fourth-quarter points, but the Steelers moved to 7-2 with a 20-17 victory over the Colts. Ben Roethlisberger passed for 236 yards and two touchdowns on 19-of-31 passing. Pittsburgh has won four in a row, as Jacoby Brissett entered the concussion protocol after the loss., but lost cornerback Joe Haden to a broken left leg. Meanwhile

Brissett left the game in the third quarter to be evaluated in the concussion tent on the Indianapolis sideline, but Coach Chuck Pagano said the doctors cleared him to return., but returned for the next series. The decision has draw ire from some online

relied on their running game rather than Drew Brees’s arm,The Saints are marching: New Orleans streaked to its seventh straight victory after an 0-2 start and is looking for all the world like a serious contender in the NFC after a 47-10 victory over the Bills in Buffalo. The Saints, with Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara rushing for a combined 237 yards and four touchdowns., for a change

and they sit atop the NFC West at 7-2,Rams keep rolling: Jared Goff threw for 355 yards and three touchdowns and the Los Angeles Rams trounced the Houston Texans, a full game ahead of the Seattle Seahawks., 33-7. The Rams have won four in a row and six of their last seven games

who scored twice in the fourth quarter,So close and yet…: The Cleveland Browns flirted with victory only to revert to form, in Detroit., falling to 0-9 in a 38-24 loss to the Lions

was given an early trip to the showers Sunday,Authentic Mark Barron Jersey,Burfict goes bye-bye: Vontaze Burfict, ejected in the first half of the game against the Tennessee Titans for bumping an official., the Cincinnati Bengals’ combative linebacker

it was with panache. He argued with fans and walked off giving the money sign made famous by Johnny Manziel.,Burfict was tossed a play after he drew a flag for a late hit. He initially refused to leave the field and when he did

A scary scene in Buffalo: New Orleans Saints running back Daniel Lasco was placed on a stretcher and taken off the field by ambulance after he was injured on a kickoff in Buffalo.

who was hurt on a nasty collision with his head down,Authentic Alec Ogletree Jersey,Surrounded by most of his teammates, raised his right hand as he was loaded into the ambulance. The Saints issued a statement that Lasco has feeling in his extremities and is being attended to by the team’s doctor at the hospital., Lasco

including one carry for minus-two yards by Darren McFadden. That was opposite the Falcons,Cowboys go Elliott-less: The Dallas Cowboys without running back Ezekiel Elliott were not very good Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons. Quarterback Dak Prescott ran in a touchdown in the first quarter,Womens Trumaine Johnson Jersey, who loss lead running back Devonta Freeman to a concussion early in Sunday’s game but still managed 132 rushing yards., and the Cowboys did not score again in a 27-7 loss in Atlanta. The Dallas running backs corps amounted for just 65 yards

There’s no question that the loss of Elliott, 38-30, who rushed for over 100 yards in three of his last four games, comes at a bad time for the Cowboys,Authentic Johnny Hekker Jersey, which pushed Washington back below .500., with the Redskins falling to the Vikings, who are now 5-4 and staring up at the 8-1 Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East. They caught a break, however

Pats take on Broncos: The New England Patriots,Womens Rodger Saffold Jersey, but the 3-5 Broncos are offensively challenged, the team that triggered the Falcons’ malaise with the Super Bowl LI comeback, particularly with C.J. Anderson playing with an ankle injury. And watch just to see if Martellus Bennett (more below) plays., allowing an average of 138.5 rushing yards in its last two wins, end Sunday’s slate of games with a trip to Denver, where the Broncos are a disappointing 3-5. The 6-2 Patriots’ defense may be nothing special

Kyle Shanahan finally wins: The San Francisco 49ers entered Sunday flirting with mathematically elimination from the playoffs if they were to lose to the New York Giants and fall to 0-10, completing 19 of 25 for 288 yards, according to NBC Sports Washington’s Joe Ferreira. That would have been the earliest a team had been eliminated since the Denver Broncos in 1967. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be. First-year 49ers Coach Kyle Shanahan kept his team’s minuscule playoff hopes alive and got his first win as a head coach, two touchdowns and an interception. But was it enough to stave off the Garoppolo era?, keeping Jimmy Garoppolo sidelined for at least another two weeks as San Francisco heads into its bye. Beathard wasn’t bad either Sunday, beating the hapless Giants, 31-21. C.J. Beathard again got the start

This is not what the NFL needs: In a season marred by injuries to star players and a furious debate about player demonstrations during the national anthem, the one thing the league does not need is a fight Jerry Jones wanting to go to the mattresses against Commissioner Roger Goodell and yet … here we are.

The revolt exposes rare fissures within the NFL as it continues to be buffeted by controversies that threaten what was once considered an unassailable business model, Jones was one of the owners who voted to proceed with a new contract for Goodell. That was before the commissioner suspended Ezekiel Elliott, as The Post’s Mark Maske and Kent Babb write. Never mind that just months ago, for six games.

he believed,This isn’t just Jones taking control of a process that once omitted him and, overpaid the commissioner. It is perhaps the NFL’s most powerful owner questioning the wisdom and intentions of his fellow owners — a declaration of war.

“You don’t have to, in football, 75,” Jones, who if he is serious about firing Goodell would need 24 of 32 votes to do so, said last month. “You have to buy into it, like what your coach [says] or like what you’re doing, if you will, though. But you don’t necessarily have to like it. As a matter of fact, about 95 percent of anything I’ve ever done in football was work and, painful.”

Martellus Bennett swaps Aaron Rodgers for Tom Brady: After quarterback Aaron Rodgers underwent surgery for a broken collarbone,Womens Mark Barron Jersey, Bennett was suddenly released for “failure to disclose” a shoulder injury. Bennett accused the Packers of trying to take advantage of him,Authentic Trumaine Johnson Jersey, the tight end who signed with Green Bay as a free agent, in the middle of the week, writing on Instagram: “The packers examined my shoulder on my visit March 10 and cleared it,Womens Alec Ogletree Jersey,suddenly announced on social media that he was going to retire after the season. Then, I chose surgery. Now here we are …”,Womens Greg Zuerlein Jersey, ” he wrote. “They even gave me an xray as well. It got worse during the season, specifically against the Cowboys so I asked to have it checked out and we checked it. After a few days of contemplating to play with it or get surgery

No sooner was he waived,Authentic Greg Zuerlein Jersey,than the New England Patriots were able to pick him up and he was practicing with the team he spent last season with. “Dr. [Pat] McKenzie didn’t make [me] feel safe and was pushing to play, though, Authentic Rodger Saffold Jersey, which I thought was weird. Not that he was trying to get me to play thru it but the way he was saying things. I didn’t trust him. So I got 3 other opinions from doctors who all said I need to get it fixed. So I decided to do that. And they decided to waive me the some bulls— excuse. Failure [to] disclose.”

Among others, and as well as being a phenomenal doctor,Womens Johnny Hekker Jersey, Jordy Nelson and Rodgers stepped up to defend McKenzie, he’s also become a close friend. He’s done surgery on me twice, and I trust him and his opinion implicitly, with Rodgers writing on Instagram: “I’ve been working with Dr. McKenzie for 13 years,” Rodgers wrote. “Doc has always tried to protect me and my future, even if it meant protecting me from myself and my desire to get back on the field before I should.”